Build Your Own Rental Property Hotline Course
A Rental Property Hotline is a phone number on your real estate yard sign that provides potential tenants with all the information about a rental property and the next steps they need to take to apply or view it.
Build your own Rental Hotline
Create an automated Rental Hotline for your yard signs to provide potential tenants with important info.
Please note: This works really well for under 20 properties. We have set up a 80+ property system using this but it may require more phone numbers and thought. See why here.
In this example I have added all the items we will discuss in this course:
- Creating a phone number message
- Adding a robot voice and why you might want to
- Adding my own voice
- Creating a phone tree IVR system ie press 1 for downtown
- Routing/Forwarding call at the end (it does not forward to anyone because it is a demo)
A Rental Property Hotline is a phone number on your yard sign that provides potential tenants with all the information about a rental property.
Rental Hotlines Include:
- Local phone numbers
- Easily to customize
- Can receive calls and text
- Create automation
- No coding!
- and more..
This may be the first interaction you have with potential tenants when they call your phone number on your “For Rent” sign.
- What if they call in the middle of the night? Do you answer?
- Does your voicemail only allow 30 seconds or less? How do you cram all the required info in 30 secs?
- Is your voicemail box full!
Reduce the time you and your team spend on the phone with a rental hotline.
DIY Rental Hotline Course
Build a custom phone experience that informs prospective tenants on info about the property, how to qualify, and what to do next.
This course will walk you through the process of setting up a Rental Hotline along with tips for managing your phone experience.
This course utilizes the Twilio.com platform for creating a Rental Hotline. Twilio.com will bill you for a local phone number for $1.00 per month plus usage. Usage is billed in a similar fashion to a utility company. If you turn on a light your electric bills goes up. If someone calls your rental hotline your bill will go up.
- See Twilio pricing here
- Must signup with Twilio
Twilio Service Pricing Breakdown
Twilio’s Billing is based on credits. For example, you add $20.00 to your account and the fees are deducted from the account. You can have it automatically notify you or fill the account when needed.
Local Phone Number Cost
- $1.00 per month
- Making Calls $ 0.0130/ min (except Alaska)
- Recieivng Calls $ 0.0085/ min + $1.00 / mo
- $2.00 per month
- Making Calls $ 0.0130/ min
- Receiving Calls $ 0.0220/ min + $2.00 / mo
Studio Flow Pricing
- $0.001 per flow execution (Your first 1,000 flow executions per month are free)
- Starting at $0.0075 to send or receive a message. SEE DETAILS
- Starting at $0.0085/min to receive and $0.013/min to make a call.
Real World Example
We have 1 phone number on a rental property sign that remained in a yard for 30 days.
- 19 People Called on 1 Sign for a cost of $2.38 for June and July of 2019
- The Rest of the year we have a cost of $1.00 per month to hold the phone number